Practice Accounts Assistant – Edinburgh – £22k – £25k
Are you an experienced Accounts Assistant currently working within a practice environment? Are you looking to take on a new opportunity within a growing organisation?
We are keen to speak with Accounts Assistants, currently working within an accounting practice who are interested in joining a reputable Edinburgh based practice. Working across various duties you will take on a diverse role covering off management accounts prep, statutory financial statements and VAT returns along with a number of other tasks.
This post will also provide opportunity to assist in the future development of the team: including reviewing and revising new technologies and processes. You will be looking for a varied and challenging working day which allows for increased responsibility within a structured environment.
What does the day to day look like?
- Preparing management accounts with full commentary on both a monthly and quarterly basis
- Preparing statutory financial statements based off of clients records
- Preparing VAT returns on both a monthly and quarterly basis
- Conducting in depth, analytical reviews
- Proofing of accounts to ensure the accuracy of statutory disclosures
- Preparing accurate fee notes for clients
- Working alongside clients, providing effective training accounting software
- Liaising with management, providing complete packs for review
- Contributing to the business advisory plan
- Reviewing and suggesting any streamlining in regards to current processes
- Overseeing more junior colleagues, assisting with their development
Are you the right person?
- Previous experience of working within an accounting practice environment
- Experience of using accounting software, ideally Sage and Xero
- The ability to plan your own work and prioritise duties as required
- Experience in making effective decisions efficiently
- Experience in a client facing, consultative position
- A self-motivate attitude and enthusiasm for the role
As well as a fantastic opportunity the Accounts Assistant role offers a number of great benefits including a competitive salary, flexible working, generous holiday entitlement, a great working environment along with a number of other perks.
Interested? If so apply today with an up to date CV. Alternatively get in touch with Alistair Dickson on 0141 212 7744 or email@example.com.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency. HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer & all applications will be treated as such.