Are you looking to progress your career in a non-fee earning position? High-calibre Scottish legal firm (full service) are seeking a talented Solicitor to join their award winning Banking and Funds team in either Glasgow or Edinburgh. The firm are extremely well regarded in this arena and offer an interesting and varied workload across a diverse range of sectors. This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your career with a firm which has a demonstrable track-record in large and complex financings, which are regularly multi-jurisdictional, and who are known as an employer of choice.
- Must be a qualified Scottish solicitor with experience in a fee earning position within Banking and Finance teams.
- Commercially astute with a sound awareness and interest in the Scottish Financial Market.
- Are naturally charismatic with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Positive and can-do approach, and you are ready to progress your career with a team at the forefront of their field.
- Internal facing, working closely with the Head of Banking and Finance, responsible for delivering knowledge management and training at all levels within the department, ensuring that the team are kept up to date with legal and market developments, and advising on how to generate opportunities and solutions.
- Undertaking tailored research; presenting at conferences, advising on law reform, writing blogs and articles.
- Creating and implementing division wide training programs.
- An extremely highly valued position proving technical excellence and market insights throughout all knowledge management aspects.
- Are passionate about promoting a flexible working environment and are committed to working in a new way to deliver the best in legal services.
- Offer genuine career progression and development opportunities.
- Have an exciting, varied and interesting caseload, including acquisition & leveraged finance, debt sales, reserve based lending in upstream oil and gas, real estate finance, corporate lending, funds finance, debt restructuring and insolvency, project finance, securitisation and cross-border finance.
- You will work closely with professionals who have been singled out by Legal 500 and Chambers for their knowledge and approach.
This a truly bespoke and unique opportunity, offering a great opportunity to influence and drive strategy from a senior standpoint in a very well-regarded firm.
Please get in touch with Kirsty Mcfarlane to speak on a confidential basis, and please apply with your up to date CV detailing your current remuneration.