Within this role, you will manage a portfolio of UK claims across all classes of business, with opportunities to gain experience in other commercial claims areas also.
About the Role
- Managing a portfolio of UK claims across all classes of business, with opportunities to gain experience in other commercial claims areas
- Dealing with cases in line with FCA guidelines; relevant pre-action protocols and managing cases within Claims Portal
- Establishing relevant coverages, self-insurance periods and gaps in cover, and ensuring that claims are placed appropriately with correct insurers
- Providing expert advice, technical analysis or litigation support to clients to facilitate the settlement of claims
- Liaising with all stakeholders
- Establishing and maintaining electronic claim files, process claims information and co-ordinate internal claims-related activities
- Maintaining and reviewing appropriate claims reserves
- Establishing and maintaining key client contacts
- Responsibility for working in accordance with the company framework, and compliance with the policies, including participation in the management of risks (including completion of mandatory training) that may adversely affect the business, interests or reputation of any Group Company.
- Previous experience dealing with general Liability losses, product and property damage knowledge would be advantageous.
- Experience handling customer complaints and demonstrate knowledge of timescales and FOS guidance.
- Law firm (or equivalent) training, or Liability claims experience gained within a major Company / Insurer / Syndicate background / Broker
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work in a demanding environment, displaying flexibility and adaptability yet able to work in a structured manner
- Strong negotiation skills
- Relevant technical insurance knowledge
- Knowledge of the necessity of compliance with FCA regulatory and business procedures.
- Ability to adhere to process, yet work flexibly within a demanding team environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary and bonus, plus a comprehensive benefits package and 25 days holiday. Through our flexible benefits, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and additional holiday
For more information on this role, please forward your CV to Elaine McCrink