Broker Relationship Development Managers (BRDM) will have direct reports into the Senior Vice-President, UKR Strategy and Distribution and the Branch Manager (day-to-day activities) based in Manchester.
The BRDM will work closely with the Branch Manager and underwriting teams to build and maintain strong broker relationships which will materially contribute to UKR business performance both in a retention and new business context.
A strong understanding of broker segmentation, company propositions and the ability to interpret, work to and report against key performance indicators is required.
Analytical, problem solving and prioritisation skills with the ability to raise awareness of market trends and emerging opportunities are essential requirements.
Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to relationships within the broader group, strategic partners and the regional broker community.
Technical Skills and Expertise
- Visiting and maintaining regular contact with brokers within the region to identify, nurture and develop new business opportunities and assist in the retention of existing business
- Liaising with the Vice President, Strategy and Distribution to engage with national broker networks and provide an understanding of their business and strategies in the region
- Working with the UKR Marketing and Product Managers to ensure a strong company presence and visibility in the region
- Supporting the underwriting teams and provide proactive support for the resolution of broker issues, the achievement of regional profit objectives, retention of renewals etc.
- Engaging Brokers in metric driven performance conversations with the ability to positively influence business outcomes, raising awareness of the propositions, seeking explanations for lost accounts etc.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of Insurance products, level of coverage and unique selling points in comparison to competitors’ offerings
- Assisting to monitor performance in the region, identify issues and implement appropriate actions to remediate
- Gathering, analysing and reporting market information and Broker feedback into the broader Insurance business to provide genuine insight into new and/or emerging opportunities
- Generate new business opportunities by supporting, organising or attending broker events, and building new relationships across the region
- Ensure compliance with key regulatory and risk management responsibilities
- Anticipating customer needs and championing initiatives to increase customer satisfaction to ensure the highest level of customer service while meeting production and business goals
- Contributing towards the development of sales collateral and business presentations
- Documenting and reporting brokers meetings in a manner aligned to standard Broker engagement processes
- Reporting changes in the broker community within the region to ensure the company has an accurate and current view
- Encourages a climate of team-working and collaboration, acting as a visible role-model of these values and behaviours
- Well-developed communication skills including listening, negotiating, presenting and report writing (verbal and written)
- Ability to leverage high levels of self-motivation with the ability to work within an environment subject to change with a flexible attitude to working location and environment
- Ability to provide leadership and contribute to all business discussions in the region
- Strong analysis skills with the ability to interpret complex data sets and effectively communicate technical decisions and the underlying rationale to others
- Ability to collate multiple data sources and feed market intelligence as appropriate into other functions
- Ability to balance multiple priorities, organise work and meet deadlines.
- Proven experience in the Insurance industry preferably from an Underwriting or Broking background
- Strong analytical background to understand business dynamics and anticipate trends
- Track record of building, managing and influencing broker relationships
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills, including experience in commercial insurance metrics
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Capacity to contribute towards business planning and strategy development
Must have experience developing business relationships in a commercial insurance environment
- Underwriting authority highly regarded but not essential
- Full drivers licence
- Minimum A level standard preferred
For more information on this role or a confidential chat, please call Elaine McCrink