Business Development Executive
Hours of Work: Full-time (36.25 per week)
To support the Business Development team in the delivery of events, client engagement initiatives, and administrative duties.
Based within the four-person business development team in the Edinburgh office, this role requires close working with the marketing team and liaison with employees across various offices in Scotland.
Day to day responsibilities include:
• Being the primary business development point of contact for the Central Belt and managing several email inboxes.
• Developing relationships with key stakeholders and liaising with colleagues, clients & targets via email, phone calls and direct mailings.
• Event organisation and attendance for conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions: being the key contact for guests & hosts and managing all logistics.
• Developing draft collateral to support the marketing team, from social media posts to client testimonials and client mailings.
• Liaising with suppliers such as caterers, venues and photographers.
• General administration duties e.g. arranging meetings, researching and collating of information, maintenance of business tracking systems.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, conscientious and have a flexible approach towards their work. They will have the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the office, from senior partners to external clients. Being highly organised with the ability to multi-task whilst having an exceptional attention is vital. The role can be fast paced and varied so a can-do positive attitude and the ability to use one’s own initiative is essential.
Intermediate Microsoft Office skills are required for this role and experience with platforms like Campaign Master and Eventbrite, and professional networking sites such as LinkedIn, are preferable.
You’ll need to have previous administrative experience, including assistance with events, and having worked within Business Development or Professional Services would be advantageous. This role also requires occasional events assistance at early morning and early evening events.
If you are interested in applying for the above position, please send your CV to nmccarron@hrcrecruitment immediately