Are you a Claim Handler with knowledge or experience in handling Casualty Claims?
Keen to work for the largest property and casualty insurer in the world with office in 54 countries and an excellent employee benefits package?
If you have what it takes to be make a difference to customers in a global and creative organisation then we would love to hear from you.
We have an existing opportunity for a Claims Handler, preferably with Casualty experience, to join our Claims department in Glasgow.
We offer excellent training which allows you to successfully manage a portfolio of up to 350 casualty claims consisting of Employer’s Liability, Product Liability products and a small amount of motor claims. Following training you will handle claims up to a value of £25,000 and the role includes dealing with policyholders and brokers on occasion attending review meetings.
- You will accurately assess a range of simple and complex claims.
- You will evaluate liability and quantum up to £25,000, considering all relevant factors including elements such as special investigation and recovery.
- You will identify complaints and recognise customer expressions of dissatisfaction and ensure that you handle customer issues effectively, or raise to appropriate level of management.
- You will negotiate settlement of claims to bring them to a successful conclusion.
- We require high levels of customer care and you will ensure a professional claims service is provided at all times.
- We encourage you to engage with key internal partners and clients to ensure a fair and robust investigation of claim cases.
- You will follow specific account requirements and participate in audits when required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- You will bring previous Claim handling experience is required.
- You have experience dealing with Casualty Claims.
- You possess excellent customer service skills.
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You preferably bring the experience of working in a commercial insurance claims environment.
- You demonstrate previous work experience in a customer-facing environment.
- We expect you to bring proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and have the ability to acquire new IT skills.
For more information on this role and a confidential chat, contact Elaine MCcrink