HRC Recruitment is happy to be working with this niche insurer in their search for a commercial insurance underwriter based in their city centre office.
- Providing a first-class customer service to brokers throughout Scotland and N Ireland
- Underwriting most classes of commercial insurance risk including commercial property, commercial combined, construction, etc.
- Handling new and existing business, although mainly renewal risks
- Supporting achievement of regional growth & loss ratio targets
- Adhering to company regulatory and compliance guidelines.
- To ensure that all new business is reviewed within the agreed service levels and according to agreed mandate levels, KPIs, policies and procedures
- Actively handle a pipeline of cases
- Provide a high level of customer service at all stages of an application
- Build strong relationships with brokers and suppliers
- Deal quickly and expertly with a large volume of technical renewals and mid-term referrals
- You should come from a commercial insurance underwriting background with a track record of handling commercial property, commercial combined and construction risks
- Be confident handling new and existing business
- Have developed strong working relationships with Scottish brokers
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- The ability to interpret and analysis data
- Organisation skills.
- Understanding your competitor’s propositions
This position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package as well as career development opportunities.
For a confidential chat please forward your CV to Elaine McCrink