Are you a commercial insurance underwriter ready to move onto the next step on your career ladder? HRC Recruitments's client, a leading global insurance company is looking for an experienced commercial insurance underwriter to join their dynamic team in Glasgow.
In your new role you’ll focus on underwriting existing business for our commercial policies including PI, Liability and Cyber to name just a few. The role will provide a breadth of development opportunities and exposure to commercial insurance products, state of the art new underwriting platform and underwriting strategy to allow you to progress into a senior underwriter role.
You’ll love delivering superb service to broker partners and have a creative and logical thought process to underwriting nonstandard complex risks.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You’ll be able to wear many different hats and with training and support, learn company products across all classes of business
- Demonstrate drive for profitable underwriting
- Underwriting in line with renewal targets - the premium size will be vast and you could be underwriting a £300 renewal one day and a £30,000 the next
- Develop your sales skills and appreciation of sales and underwriting strategy in collaboration with the wider teams and regions
- Effectively negotiate with both internal and external parties including identified points of contact with a brokerage
- Negotiating both internally and externally with your panel of brokers
- Challenge non-standard underwriting decisions leveraging the expertise of product specialists and portfolio underwriting managers
- Show courage and innovation by spotting process improvements and how we can do things differently to improve the customer experience and drive profitable growth
- You’ll be a strong team player as well as take ownership of your region and driving results
- You’ll have some experience as an underwriter within commercial lines of business
- A logical and analytical thinker
- A natural flair for building relationships enabling you to develop close rapport with brokers
- Be an ambassador of the company and demonstrate ‘going the extra mile’ dedication and commitment in a fast growing and demanding area of the business
- Ambitious and driven, someone who can self-motivate and achieve results
- ACII qualification or progression towards qualification (or a willingness to study for this)
This position comes with a competitive salary and fabulous benefits package including pension, bonus, healthcare, flexible working hours can be accommodated.
For a confidential chat on this role please contact Elaine McCrink