Underwriter, Leeds Salary to £24,000
No one said insurance was exciting…….. but this job is pretty close to it.
Are you ready to move into a technical underwriting role? How about working in an office working environment where your employer welcomes fresh ideas and innovation?
Do you like the idea of a flat management structure where everyone is considered equal?
If you fancy developing your skills and building relationships with key brokers while growing your knowledge of commercial insurance underwriting then we should chat.
Do you fit the role?
- Have you worked within the general insurance marketplace and decided underwriting is your chosen job route?
- Do you want to work with experienced professionals who can teach and develop your skills?
- Interested in commercial property and liability risks?
- Keen to study for and attain professional qualifications?
- Possess strong communication and negotiations skills?
- Strong IT skills?
What does an average day look like?
- Working closely with senior commercial insurance underwriters, you will assist with day to day queries from brokers and intermediaries.
- Liase with and build relationships with brokers.
- Provide new business quotations, handle renewals and MTA’s.
- Underwrite profitable commercial insurance risks, mainly property and liability
- Diary management
- Keeping up to date with regulatory, data protection and compliance guidelines.
How will you be rewarded?
As well as working in a company where personal development is encouraged, you will be offered a great benefits package including a salary to £24,000, pension, PMI, bonus, 25 days holidays, etc.
For more information or a confidential chat, please call me on 0141 353 8376 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org