Electrical Controls Engineer – Arbroath – Salary £35-45k + company benefits
Does the idea of working for a market leading, specialist product manufacturing company, with global recognition and a forward-thinking management team, sound like an exciting place for you?
We are looking to speak to Electrical Controls Engineers in the Angus area for a permanent opportunity with our specialist client to join the growing team. As a Controls Engineer you will be responsible for the PLC development for their products, as well as customer electrical installations and commissioning service.
Are you someone looking for a new an exciting challenge? Do you want a role that will test and expand your skills, whilst working for an exciting forward-thinking organisation?
What does the day to day look like?
- You will be responsible for taking concept systems designs to provide a full functional design scope for control overview of their specialist unique product.
- Designing electrical schematics
- You will be designing and writing PLC programs for a variety of PLC’s including Schnieder and Siemans. As well as designing HMI screens for the these.
- Lay out and build the control cabinets, enclosures and operator stations, as well as interconnecting controls, switches and sensors to the controllers and the motors to the motor control.
- Using a variety of industrial communications.
- You will be working on site the majority of the time, however there will be expectations to travel to clients both locally and in some cases internationally for commissioning and customer support purposes.
Are you who we are looking for?
- You have a recognised engineering qualification.
- Knowledge and experience of PLC, SCADA, HMI, DCS and APC.
- You have experience in designing electrical systems for new concepts.
- Although this is not essential to the role, knowledge and experience of Inventor 2018 3D computer aided design, Microsoft NAV ERP systems with CAD connect and EPLAN Electrical drawing package, would be beneficial to this role.
- You are hard-working and willing to use your skills to develop new concepts for bespoke products.
The package for this role includes an attractive basic salary, depending on experience as well as flexible working, holiday package, and company pension contributions. There will be instances of local and international travel which all costs will be covered for by the company.
If you are interested in this role, then call Kirsty in our Dundee office on 01382 768700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org