Data Privacy Specialist
Competitive Salary plus benefits
HRC Recruitment are supporting a renowned financial services brand recruiting several a Data Protection Specialists to join their team in Edinburgh, as they grow the team here.
The role sits within the newly created Privacy function for the global group responsible for Governance, Assurance and Advisory, you will provide practical and commercial advice across the business in relation to Data Protection. The team also acts as the first point of contact for all privacy related queries subject to the requirements of the Data Protection Officer (DPO). The role will foster a data protection culture, keeping privacy front of mind and helping to implement data protection laws.
Responsibilities of the Data Privacy Specialist:
- Enhance controls to support improvement of the overall control environment, customers outcomes and a reduction of operational risk.
- Assist DPO in the fulfilment of their responsibilities.
- Respond to queries and provide appropriate advice on all aspects of data privacy.
- Escalate and seek the advice of the DPO as required.
Background of the Data Privacy Specialist:
- Expert in national and European data protection and privacy practices.
- Awareness of the global data protection landscape.
- Awareness of the requirements of forthcoming data protection legislation and regulatory changes.
- Good working knowledge of privacy risk assessment model, Information Security governance controls and risk management
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation who offer a fantastic working environment, flexible benefits and the opportunity to progress your career on a global scale.
For more information about this opportunity please contact Chris Wilson at HRC Recruitment Financial Services Scotland.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and employment agency. We are an equal opportunities employer