Dayshift Engineer (Mechanical Fitter) – Edinburgh – Salary DOE + Excellent Benefits
We’re looking to have a chat with experienced mechanical engineers to discuss joining a successful spirits business in Edinburgh. You would be responsible for efficiently and effectively maintaining the operation of all engineering equipment on site.
You are looking for freedom, flexibility and opportunities to develop in the workplace. You are someone who wants to make a difference.
Are you who we’re looking for?
- Time served Engineer
- Strong fault findings skills with ability to work under pressure and adapt within short notice
- IBD Fundamentals
- Understanding of distillery operations
- Working knowledge of HSE legislation
- Trained, competent and experienced in Permit to Work systems, risk assessments and method statements
- Approachable, enthusiastic, proactive and resilient
- ‘Hands on’ approach to maintenance tasks with the emphasis on maintaining equipment for sustainable use
What does the day to day look like?
- Ensuring that all engineering equipment and onsite maintenance operations meet the necessary health and safety requirements, complying with current legislation to maintain a safe working environment for employees.
- Performing day to day engineering maintenance tasks to overhaul, repair and test all engineering equipment.
- Development of mechanical Planned Preventive maintenance routines.
- Troubleshooting any breakdowns or anomalies of plant engineering equipment, taking corrective action where required.
- Operation of the Company’s Maintenance Management System, ensuring the robust collection and analysis of availability and operating data on key assets to demonstrate that performance standards are being achieved and identify improvement opportunities.
- Assist with the installation of engineering equipment where required by plant improvement or safety requirements.
- Respond flexibly and proactively to unplanned maintenance activity out with normal working hours.
- Maintaining and adhering to a clear vision of the Company’s business objectives and cultural standards when executing all site engineering developments.
- Liaising with production and operation departments to provide maintenance services and making recommendations for improvement when required.
- Maintaining good housekeeping standards across site on a day to day basis.
Get in touch with James Blyth on firstname.lastname@example.org and 07983176630 or click the apply button below to send in your CV.
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated as such