Distillery Manager – Inverness-shire – Salary DOE + Excellent Benefits
Does the idea of working in a historic distillery, clear career progression and colleagues with a genuine love of the job sound perfect to you?
We’re looking to have a chat with Distillery Managers and Assistant Distillery Managers looking for their next step to discuss joining a successful whisky business in Inverness-shire. As Distillery Manager, you will lead the production team in all areas of distillation, warehousing and maintenance. You will be responsible for producing high quality spirit, providing leadership to the production team and in conjunction with the QHSE manager, maintaining the highest standard of safety and environmental compliance. You will be responsible for production, warehousing and whisky supply and the management of over 20 employees on site.
You are looking for freedom, flexibility and fun in the workplace. You are someone who wants to make a difference.
Are you who we’re looking for?
- Of graduate calibre with a Degree in Brewing and Distilling, IBD Diploma in Distilling or a degree in a related subject (Engineering / Science) preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience in a leadership role in Distillation, Brewing or Food & Beverage Industry.
- Working knowledge of distilleries and related regulations as well as accreditation schemes – ISO 9001 etc. Ability to search for areas of continuous improvement whilst maintaining traditions as required. Project management skills and the ability to multitask. Confident to work independently as well within a strong team environment. Problem solving, financial and budgeting experience.
- A leader with a track record of engaging employees, leading and developing teams and with good communication skills both internal and external to the company.
What does the day to day look like?
- Manage the distillery to ensure short, medium and long-term business goals are achieved covering all aspects of distilling and maturation.
- Along with the QHSE Manager, ensure the safety performance of the site.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements are met covering H&S, Environmental and HMRC
- Manage the distillery to ensure that quality, performance and budget targets are met.
- Maximise yield and minimising costs and losses during production.
- Project lead upgrades and new installations where required.
- Maintain assets through maintenance/replacement programmes whilst assisting in development of our MMS.
- In conjunction with the General manager and QHSE manager, set stretching KPI’s for all aspects of distillery operations.
- Perform brands ambassador role when required in conjunction with Sales, Marketing and Global Brands Ambassador.
- Develop the team through training and appraisal schemes.
Get in touch with James Blyth on firstname.lastname@example.org and 07983176630 or click the apply button below to send in your CV.