HRC Recruitment are recruiting for an Estimator to join our Dundee based client who are a client who manufacture and supply machined components for a variety of industries including Oil & Gas, Energy and Aerospace.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the accurate, efficient, cost-effective and timely provision of technical estimates and customer quotations. Ideally you will have previous experience in an Estimators role, however, candidates with a solid background in precision engineering, currently working as a Machinist or Production Engineer and looking to progress from the machine shop floor will also be considered.
- Preparation of detailed estimates for meeting customer orders involving materials, machining, assembly and testing times for the manufacture of components & sub-assemblies
- Preparation of detailed estimates for Precision component parts.
- The ability to estimate from basic concept layouts and detailed drawings.
- Preparation of detailed technical quotations.
- Liaising with customers.
- Liaising with suppliers and obtaining quotes.
To be considered for this role you will have the following skills and experience: -
- Have a good understanding of engineering principles manufacturing / machining processes, times & techniques.
- Ideally possess experience as a turner, miller or CNC machinist and have served an appropriate apprenticeship.
- Have ability to understand complex engineering drawings.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Must be capable of working using own initiative
- Organised and disciplined with excellent team working and communication skills
- Strong Time Management Skills. Experience
- Experience of estimating precision machined / manufactured components with strong attention to detail.
- Worked in manufacturing, engineering and precision machining environment