Financial Crime Assurance Analyst - Glasgow city centre - Competitive Salary on offer
I am working on an opportunity for an experienced Financial Crime Assurance Analyst to join a leading Investment Banking group in Glasgow city centre. With a competitive, negotiable salary and benefits package on offer for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded with career progression paths and learning and development.
Overview of Financial Crime Assurance Analyst role:
CIB UK Compliance is an independent function responsible for providing specialist support to UK Senior Management in managing compliance risks, typically acting as Second Level of Defence for Compliance -owned risks, including; Market Integrity, Protection of Interest of Clients, Financial Security and Professional Ethics.
- Supporting and assisting senior management in adherence to applicable laws and regulations as well as to high standards of business and ethical integrity.
- Interpreting and advising staff on applicable laws, regulations and standards, particularly with regard to KYC/Due Diligence and Sanctions requirements.
- Providing training where appropriate to staff on a number of relevant laws, regulations and standards.
- Monitoring and reporting on the bank and staff compliance with laws, regulations and standards. This work includes undertaking oversight testing and assurance reviews of a number of processes both in London and in the “near-shored” CIB EMEA Competency Centre in Lisbon.
- Investigating and reporting on any suspected breaches of such laws, regulations and standards.
- Proven experience working in a financial crime environment, preferably in an investment banking context performing monitoring controls and reviews
- Experience with preparing management information on financial crime such as money laundering (ML) and terrorist financing (TF) risk (or related data) to inform senior management decision making (i.e. to mitigate AML risk / escalate accordingly).
- Good working knowledge of the FCA’s Financial Crime Guide and of the UK Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (‘JMLSG’) Guidance.
- Good working knowledge of the UK AML, CTF and ABC regimes and an understanding of other regimes.
- Good analytical skills, with good Microsoft Excel and data analysis capability.
- Broad understanding of general AML risk associated with product, jurisdiction and client-type(s).
- An understanding of other financial crime risk issues such as bribery and fraud is preferable.
- Ability to apply holistic approach to identifying, investigating and mitigating financial crime risk and (to propose risk mitigates) when presenting an informed/balanced view of issues to line Management.
- A proven ability to present a given issue to Management and argue a case accordingly.
- A self-starter who requires minimal supervision.
Contact Neil Greene at HRC Financial Service Scotland
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency