Front of House Assistant (part-time - 1pm to 6 pm Mon-Fri)
Edinburgh City Centre
Objective of Role:
• To work within the Front of House department to provide a first class professional Front of House service which is client focussed, commercial, innovative and supportive of the firm's business needs and vision.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
• processing of incoming and outgoing mail , parcels, reprographics work and travel tickets;
• provide occasional lunch-time support to the Reception Team, or other cover as the business demands;
• raising and issuing purchase orders and processing invoices for payment or other administration duties;
• providing support and cover to other service lines within the Property and Workplace department e.g. reception or Reprographics if required;
• meeting room set ups including audio visual equipment;
• stationery services including restocking of copier points;
• assist with office moves and projects;
• liaise with customers as a central point of contact via phone or email to answer queries, provide assistance or log jobs for other services to attend to (e.g. maintenance, vending, cleaning);
• process unreferenced mail;
• delivery of heavy items;
• provide a first class service to internal and external customers;
• the role is physically demanding in nature.
EXPERIENCE & CHARACTERISTICS
Skills and Personal Attributes
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Enthusiastic 'can do' attitude.
• Good sense of humour.
• Professional even when under pressure.
• Customer service focussed.
• Proven ability to work closely with others as part of a team.
• Smartly presented.
• Good timekeeping and attendance.
• Ability to use own initiative.
• Able to work as part of a team.
• Flexible to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
• Willing to take ownership and responsibility for own actions and duties.
Literacy (Essential Requirement)
The job holder will be required to read, understand and compile emails/letters and read, understand and follow procedures. They will be expected to accurately complete documentation.
Numeracy (Essential Requirement)
The job holder must have be able to undertake calculations and interpret numerical data.
Decision Type and Control (Essential Requirement)
The job holder is required to determine their own priorities in providing an effective service and have the ability to take decisions and make recommendations. The job holder is required to have an understanding of the firms health and safety policy and procedures.
Problem Solving Ability (Essential Requirement)
The job holder is expected to respond promptly and effectively to Front of House queries or problems and resolve them.
Communications (Essential Requirement)
Good communication skills, both written and spoken are essential as there will be extensive contact with internal and external clients and suppliers.
Business Systems (Essential Requirement)
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Education (Substantial Requirement)
Educated to O level/GCSE standard or equivalent including English and Maths grades A-C.
Versatility (Substantial requirement)
The job holder is required to be flexible, resilient and able to work under pressure. The majority of priorities are known in advance however timescales are often short. The job holder is expected to manage their own time effectively taking into account short timescales and variable workload. The job holder must be able to react quickly to problems in the local office.
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated as such.