Fund Accountant - Glasgow city centre - Competitive Salary
I am working on an opportunity for an experienced Fund Accountant to join a leading Investment Banking group in Glasgow city centre for an exciting opportunity. With a competitive and negotiable salary and benefits package on offer for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded with career progression paths and learning and development.
Overview of Fund Accountant role:
As Technical Fund Accountant you will have responsibility for the completion & review of the statutory report and accounts and all other fund accounting associated tasks. You will be the SME and 1st point of contact within the team for dealing with technical issues in relation to corporate events, derivatives, new instruments/assets and technical audit queries. You will be also responsible for technical input into projects representing the fund accounting team.
Team Responsibilities – Are you this person?
- Preparation & review of Interim and Final accounts for SAM UK regulated Collective Investment Schemes in accordance with the IMA SORP.
- Preparation & review of distribution calculations and release of estimate and final distribution rates.
- Taking ownership and completing detailed investigation of technical queries raised with the Fund Accounting Team including more complex corporate events, accounting for derivatives and market related tax issues/queries.
- Ensuring that accounting entries are properly stated to allow running of daily NAV and instruction of correcting journals where relevant.
- Analysis of financial information for provision to other areas within the business.
- Investigation of issues arising from the cash/asset reconciliation process.
- Providing technical input, representing the fund accounting team in projects as directed by the team manager.
- Completing detailed investigations and impact assessments in relation to the accounting for new instruments/assets as direct by team manager
Experience of fund accounting for UK regulated funds, including thorough knowledge of the IA SORP & FCA COLL. Experience within an Investment Operations environment including a thorough knowledge of Collective Investment Schemes. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, with a pro-active and professional attitude to work. Ability to adapt to developing business models and respond positively to change. Highly organised with good time management and planning skills to meet deadlines and complete time critical processes.Excellent verbal and written communication skills. High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Detailed technical knowledge of corporate events and accounting for derivatives including futures, options, forwards, CDS, swaps. Experience of involvement with projects including fund changes – closures, mergers.
Contact Neil Greene at HRC Financial Service Scotland
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency