Fund Accountant - Glasgow - Permanent - Highly Competitive Salary
I am working on a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Fund Accountant to join a leading Wealth & Investment banking group in Glasgow city centre on a Permanent basis. They have an excellent salary and rewards package available for the right individual.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded for it!
Our client is looking to hire a Fund Accountant to join a friendly team to help produce daily NAV prices and deliver non-daily priced information to clients. This role sits within is a high profile business area that comprises of a number of different functions responsible for NAV production, monthly fund accounting oversight controls and statutory and financial statements reporting services for internal and external clients in the United Kingdom and globally.
Experience needed for Fund Accountant role:
To be successful in this role you will possess a high level of numerical skills and an awareness of investment operations and accounting procedures. You will be highly computer literate with excellent Excel skills and be able to work well under pressure to meet regular tight deadlines. Ideally, you will have fund accounting experience and a working knowledge of HiPortfolio. It is also preferable that you are degree qualified in a relevant subject and keen to study towards professional qualifications.
To meet client KPIs and service delivery commitments for an agreed population of open-ended funds through:
- Daily Net Asset Value (NAV) calculations,
- Distribution calculations,
- Monthly trustee/control packs,
- Management service charge calculations,
- Performance fee calculations,
- Portfolio turnover calculations,
- Yield calculations,
- Total expense ratios,
- ONS Returns
- Timely completion of internal team management information
- Assist in managing responses to clients, auditors, trustees, custodians and other departments within the business for those funds assigned responsibility for
- Adhere to procedures and controls in performing allocated tasks
- Assist in documenting procedures and controls for new and existing processes
- Timely escalation of any issues to the Senior Fund Accountant and Assistant Manager
- Ensure corrective and preventative action is taken, and evidence retained, where deadlines/quality standards are at risk
Are you this person?
I am looking for an exceptional individual with first-class communication skills who is currently working towards Accountancy qualifications. The ideal person will already have 2 to 3 years experience within a similar role.
- Product knowledge
- Strong risk management awareness
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Involvement in change initiatives with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Strong client service skills
- Familiarity financial markets
Contact Lisa Smyth at HRC Financial Service Scotland
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.