B2B Energy Lead (Head of Department)
HRC Recruitment are working on an exclusive opportunity for an Edinburgh based business, who are looking to carefully appoint their next Head of Department.
The B2B Energy Lead will play a pivotal role in servicing our business electricity and gas customers, leading a team of direct reports in order to deliver first class customer service through pro-active account management and a portfolio of business accounts, being a champion for customer satisfaction. The B2B Energy Lead will set and develop strategy and vision for the company’s portfolio of business customers.
A high level of experience within the UK B2B energy sector is essential. The successful applicant will have solid experience of HH Billing and generation of quotations for possible new business customers also. A leader with a drive for service, planning and learning, you will be an inquisitive person who sets and expects the highest standards in all their activities.
You will work with our sales team who will generate leads and focus on building and maintaining strong working relationships through the consistent delivery of an excellent customer experience and delivering positive results against your agreed objectives.
• Responsible for the management and service delivery of all B2B accounts, you will ensure that onboarding, supply switching, preferred customer billing/reporting style and leavers are all treated with the highest levels of efficiency, maintaining accurate overviews of health of portfolios.
• Oversee and manage a team of direct reports on the B2B team including account managers and back office staff. Focussing the team on delivering high levels of customer service to ensure accounts receive an excellent customer experience and focus retention through earning customer trust and loyalty.
• Audit current processes in order to refine and look for improvements constantly, producing data analysis to find efficiencies. Working in an agile manner to find better processes through automation where possible.
• Ensure both internal and energy industry compliance and regulatory requirements are adhered to, including effective Complaint Handling Standards and other company policies and procedures.
• Establish effective working partnerships with other departments and colleagues to maximise operational performance, challenging the status-quo when necessary.
• Servicing customers in line with specific Service Level Agreements
• Manage the review of contract terms and engage with account when contract is nearing the end of their term to retain business and ascertain suitable tariff/terms for the business.
• Previous experience working in a UK energy industry Business customer team is essential.
• Thorough knowledge of B2B billing and HH billing, including how to draft quotations for potential customers with HH metering solutions.
• Ability to take ownership, be highly accountable and challenge working practices where appropriate with a pro-active approach working to exceed customer expectations.
• Forward thinking and well organised, able to manage a busy workload.
• Ability to be flexible and adapt to change in a fast-paced environment, leveraging technology to automate where possible.
• Demonstrate innovative thinking to create imaginative solutions and strategy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a confident telephone manner.
• Highly PC literate specifically in MS Office suite.
Interested? Please send your CV to Cheryl Stobo for a confidential conversation.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency