Head of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting - Glasgow city centre - Competitive Salary on offer
I am working on an opportunity for an experienced Head of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting to join a leading Investment Banking group in Glasgow city centre for an exciting opportunity. With a competitive and negotiable salary and benefits package on offer for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded with career progression paths and learning and development.
Overview of Head of Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting role:
To lead UK financial reporting service delivery across UK clients ensuring all client commitments and regulatory requirements are met. To lead the technical accounting function with ownership of the technical accounting regulatory radar and timely and effective implementation of regulatory changes across service delivery teams. To build a high performing team through an open feedback culture.To drive continuous improvement and innovation within financial reporting processes with a specific focus on digital solutions. As part of the UK Fund Accounting Leadership Team - Define and implement future strategies within UK Fund accounting.
Team Responsibilities – Are you this person?
- Operational Excellence, Risk and Control
- Client Focus & Sales Culture
- Budget Management
- Strategy & Governance
- Manage Key Internal & External Stakeholders
Manage a number of direct reports: Minimum of 3 - Overall number of staff responsible for: Minimum of 25
- Strong leadership and management skills and experience.
- Ability to lead and motivate a large team and balance directive and supportive leadership styles.
- Demonstrate sound business knowledge and judgement
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Effective communicator and ability to articulate complex issues effectively to senior management
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Stakeholder management skills and client management experience
- Project management and/or business transformation experience
- Experience in the use of digital fund accounting solutions
- Offshoring experience
Qualifications required for the role:
- Degree qualification in relevant subject (accounting or finance related)
- Professional accounting qualification
- Working knowledge of IMA SORP for Authorised Investment Funds
Contact Neil Greene at HRC Financial Service Scotland
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency