HRC Recruitment are recruiting for an HSE Specialist to join their Livingston based, high profile manufacturing organisation who are a multi-sector, global organisation.
Working predominantly from our clients modern, purpose-built facility, the successful candidate will also hold HSE responsibility for 3 sites across the UK comprising of the main site in Livingston and two sites in Wales and England which will require regular travel between the three sites.
Reporting directly to the global HSE Manager, you will co-operate with other teams within the business, you will hold responsibility for ensuring HSE compliance.
QUALS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Recognised engineering qualification or equivalent relative business experience
- An up to date and comprehensive knowledge of world-class Environmental Practices
- NEBOSH Environmental Diploma
- NEBOSH Health & Safety Diploma
- MUST have demonstrable experience holding multi-site responsibility for all matters HSE.
- Membership of IOSH and involvement in their continuous professional development (CPD) programme
DUTIES OF ROLE
- Coordinate the HSE activities on the country/local level including HSE support for other businesses
- Providing expert advice and counsel from an HSE and regulation compliance standpoint. Follow the relevant directives and other national regulations on HSE.
- Recommending policies, procedures and programs in all phases of HSE and loss prevention.
- Documenting, improving and effectively communicating HSE knowledge of governing laws and regulations, insurance requirements, codes and standards.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive HSE documentation.
- Carrying out a variety of audits (scheduled and random), risk assessment and training sessions to ensure all employees in works to the highest safety standards.
- Communicate on actual safety points at SQDC, regular tool box talks, town hall presentations and Safety Stand-up meetings, monthly (safety calls, dep. meetings) and yearly conferences etc.
- Regular follow up with local management including HSE results, action plan, actual near miss, unsafe acts or conditions incidents and other safety actual issues.
- Collecting, analysing and reporting on safety performance statistics and trends and implementing problem solving to counteract these.
- Driving the investigation of accidents, near misses, incidents and losses as well as implementing corrective actions as required.
- Ensure all generic risk assessments are updated, maintained and communicated.
- Issue and distribute Safety Alerts for high risk incidents.
- Developing and maintain chemical register and Risk Assessment for related chemical handling activities. Secure safety data sheets and instructions are available in work places. Provide training within chemical hazards and handling.
- Serving as a liaison between local management and the corporate safety staff.
- Leading in the introduction and implementation of new HSE initiatives and technologies
- Being an advisor to management to increase the commitment of all members of the organization to higher levels of performance.
- Maintain membership in necessary outside safety organizations.
- Plan and provide training on HSE within the Country/local level.
- Ensure that the local workforce is fully trained in HSE.
- Keep visual campaigns fresh and update on a regular basis.
- Ensure HSE Boards are updated monthly, with any outside the ‘Norm’ straight away.
- Be present and interactive with safety on the shop floor, lead by example, keeping an open dialogue and discuss all issues openly to develop solutions together as a team.