HRC Recruitment's insurance division is working with this well-known insurer in their search for a commercial insurance underwriting assistant to be based in their city centre office.
Working towards promotion to becoming a commercial insurance underwriter, your duties will include
- Assisting insurance underwriters in their day to day duties
- Providing support in all areas of the department including chasing brokers, completing fact finds, sourcing documentation, designing MI and spreadsheets, etc
- Monitor accuracy of information
- Diary management
- Preparation of statistics, MI and reports
- Keep abreast of changes in regulation and compliance.
- Build professional relationships with key brokers
- Contribute to the regular analysis and review of underwriting practices and procedures.
- To participate in the underwriting peer review process.
- To assist in the improvement, rating models, underwriting manuals, marketing materials, website and risk management and claims functions where appropriate
- Experience gained within the commercial insurance marketplace, where technical terminology is understood.
- Good attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills, including the ability to analyse and compare data and reports
- Good analytical skills, including competence with Microsoft Excel and other MS Office systems
- Organisational and time management skills, including the ability to effectively manage high levels of work
- Strong communication and collaborative team working skills
- Progression towards insurance exams would be preferred but not essential.
This position comes with a competitive salary and benefits package, assistance towards insurance qualifications and realistic career development opportunities.
Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
For more information on this role, please forward your CV to Elaine McCrink