Public Sector & Internal Audit Manager - Glasgow – Excellent Salary and benefits for the right candidate
I am presently working on a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Public Sector & Internal Audit Manager to join an industry leading Accountancy group in Glasgow city centre. This role has a highly competitive salary on offer for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded with career progression paths and learning and development.
Purpose of Position - Are you this person?
- To manage client portfolios effectively
- To manage and develop employees within the team in order to ensure the delivery of a quality service to the client
- To develop positive working relationships with other teams
Key Responsibilities for Public Sector & Internal Audit Manager role:
- Client Management - Manage work in progress on client portfolio against agreed budgets, maximise recoveries on client portfolio against agreed targets, prepare fees as appropriate and highlight any potential problems ahead of time, Identify relevant planning, technical and business issues specific to a client, i.e. tax / fraud / risk related issues and suggest solutions to the client engagement partner, Prepare for and attend client meetings, including audit committee meetings, Apply all relevant technical disclosures to client work
- Business Development - Actively seek new business development opportunities for the firm using market knowledge and event attendance, Involved in tendering opportunities through research / drafting tenders / presentations, Draft articles / thought pieces for e-bulletins / PS publications, Attend networking events, for example run by professional bodies
Education and Technical Experience needed for Public Sector & Internal Audit Manager role:
- Ideally you will be Accountancy Qualified
- Competent to act up when senior manager is absent
- Manage and identify employee resource required to service own portfolio and discuss this with directors
- Actively cross-sell the services of the firm to clients, continually looking for and consider the benefit of new ideas and opportunities to sell to the client
- Develop and maintain a well-developed network outside the firm
- Implement a personal business plan
- Coach and mentor members of the team to develop their skills and abilities
- Develop employees through the ROAD process to ensure employee training requirements are identified and delivered
- Take an active role in the recruitment and selection of new employees
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to become an expert contact on particular issues / sectors
- Communicate effectively at all levels using a variety of communication tools
Please contact Neil Greene at HRC Recruitment for further information