Investment Trust Accountant - Permanent - Dundee - Competitive Salary
Is your next career move in the City of Discovery?
As an experienced accountant, you’ll know that it’s more than just a numbers game. It’s about working as part of a team, sharing your knowledge and learning from others.
You’re a natural problem solver. Because you understand that ideas are what keeps a business moving forward. You’re not afraid to challenge the status quo.
You’re confident; in yourself and in your skills. You’re looking to work for a global firm that offers international secondments, free on-site parking and an enhanced 9% pension scheme.
What does the day to day look like?
We are looking for an Investment Trust Accountant who will be joining a friendly and supportive team and be responsible for the timely and accurate production of all management and financial accounts information for the assigned Investment Trust Clients.
- Preparation of monthly board papers (management accounts), year end and half year financial accounts
- Understanding of taxation computations and prepare these to draft
- NAV calculations
- Processing of receipts and payments and maintenance of accounting records
- Understanding and knowledge of various statutory and regulatory requirements affecting Investment Trusts (Companies Act, Accounting Standards, Statement of Recommended Practice)
- Ensure the Company’s Internal Control Framework relating to the ITA Department including documentation of control incidents and make sure that preventative actions are carried out and communicated where relevant
- Compliance with service level agreements
- Assistance to the departmental manager and head of the department in certain administrative functions
Are you who we are looking for?
In order to be successful in this position, you will have previous accounting experience and ideally an accounting qualification. You’ll have advanced numeracy skills and attention to detail and evidence of oversight and understanding of client SLAs, ensuring we work to the SLA and any additional client requests are handled through the change control process. You’ll enjoy working as part of a team, sharing your knowledge and learning from others.
- You want to work for an equally forward-thinking business and enjoy forging strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of preparing monthly board reports, HMRC and ONS returns and year end and half year accounts
For more information about this opportunity please get in touch with Lisa Smyth Financial Services Scotland HRC Recruitment on 0141 353 8375 or hit the apply button to send your CV directly!
Please note HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment agency and an employer.