Lab Technician – Glasgow – Competitive salary and benefits
Does the idea of working for a drinks manufacturer that offers a competitive salary, a friendly working environment, excellent benefits and colleagues with a genuine love of the job sound perfect to you?
We’re looking to have a chat with an experience Lab Technician to discuss joining a successful business based in Glasgow on a full-time basis.
You will report to the Quality Manager and will be responsible for supporting QA activities and analytical services as well as maintaining the Quality Management System and assisting with Product Development
Who we are looking for?
- Qualified to BSc in Chemistry or related subject
- Ability to troubleshoot analytical instrumentation.
- Good working knowledge of HACCP and ISO22000, ISO9001, BRC Food Safety or similar Quality System Standard.
- Good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheet, Word and general office software.
- Good inter-personal skills
What does the day to day look like?
- Conduct routine analytical checks
- Maintain and report appropriate records of analytical checks.
- Maintain, operate and troubleshoot analytical equipment including gas chromatography
- Coordinate and participate in routine organoleptic analysis of spirit.
- Contribute to writing and upkeep of Laboratory Procedures, Work Instructions and Calibration records and to meet ISO22000 requirements.
- Assist QA Manager and Blending Team in daily blending duties and Product Development activities.
- Prepare customer samples as required, including completion of HMRC documentation.
- Participate as a member of the Audit Team, in conducting internal and external Quality audits and HACCP audits.