HRC recruitment are recruiting for a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to join our Livingston based client who are part of a global business and specialist in the manufacture, installation and maintenance of special purpose food production manufacturing equipment.
The successful candidate will provide leadership and direction to the Livingston Manufacturing Engineering team (6-10 people). Drive process and cost improvements for all manufactured parts and assemblies. Reporting into Operations, working between the design teams and manufacturing team in Livingston providing the require documentation, tools and enhancements to improve quality and efficiencies at the same time reduce lead times throughout the equipment and part range.
- This position requires strong Leadership skills to manage a team of Manufacturing Engineers, as well as a high degree of creativity, problem solving, judgment, and communications skills.
- Significant accountability and initiative is essential to be able to investigate cost improvement opportunities, and then collaborate with other functions for necessary resources to implement initiatives.
- The role is responsible for supporting the quality drive, providing solutions through process improvements (layout Jigs, Fixtures, tooling etc.).
Major Responsibility Areas
- Lead Manufacturing Engineering team to drive efficiencies throughout the manufacturing process as well as providing Production the required support and guidance to successfully deliver a range of Food process equipment, some designed internally and some in other sites abroad.
- Perform piece-part or assembly cost estimates as required for evaluation of: competitive supplier bids, standard product design changes, ‘special’ order requirements, or changes in manufacturing and installation methods.
- Drive Quality guidance through work instructions and regular messaging along with continuous improvement activity throughout the manufacturing process.
- Nest parts through the Laser process to maximize material utilization in conjunction with the build level schedule.
- Facilitate the Saw requirements list from the manufacturing drawings and investigate and resolve variances from cost estimating to actual.
- Implement processes, methods, and procedures as required resolving product issues of poor functionality, quality, or reliability.
- High level of experience in process planning and routing for fabrication and welding of stainless-steel fabrications.
- A degree within Mechanical Engineering would be preferred but not essential.
- With extensive knowledge and expertise within a Manufacturing / Fabrication sector.
The Candidate Must Indicate Demonstrated Effectiveness In
- Evaluating costs of manufacturing methods and processes both with material and labour
- Identifying and implementing cost containment or cost improvement initiatives.
- Production implementation of new methods, procedures, or products.
- Applied knowledge of stainless-steel material specifications, handling, and fabrication techniques, especially welding, laser cutting, surface finishing, bending, blasting and similar methods and practices.
- Welding and Fabrication knowledge of thin stainless-steel materials for food equipment
- CAD systems: Auto-Cad, Pro-E, Inventor, Solid Works etc…
- Part nesting on Laser equipment. (Preferably Trumpf)
- Lean Manufacturing
- Manufacturing Quality systems