French Speaking Legal Counsel based Glasgow
Are you a fluent French speaker, with at least 4 years PQE? Looking to broaden your existing experience in commercial contracts, corporate governance compliance and intellectual property law? Looking for an inhouse role with a Global Energy company with a turnover in excess of $2bn and a presence in 150 countries?
This position is an essential member of our client’s Legal team and is responsible for contributing to the overall success of the business. The Legal Counsel will work closely with operational and commercial teams to assist with the global contract review, drafting and negotiation needs of the business. The person appointed to this role will be directly involved in negotiating critical contracts, in particular French language contracts. The Legal Counsel will also assist the business with agent and distributor compliance, legal drafting and document review, together with general in-house counsel legal support.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proven track record of meeting commitments with the highest standards of ethics and integrity
- French language – ability to review, draft and negotiate in French (in addition to English)
- Strong skills in analysing, drafting and negotiating contract conditions
- The ability to add value to internal risk reviews and support the operations part of the business
- Working knowledge of laws and regulations impacting the business
- Pro-active approach to work and results oriented
- 4 years PQE
This is a superb opportunity for you to flex your legal knowledge and French language skills. To find out more, please don't hesitate to contact me on 07795 284595 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org.