Legal Secretary - Construction Law
Full details below;
To provide full secretarial and administrative support to a group of contentious and non-contentious construction lawyers (i.e. fee earners) within the firm.
The post holder may be required to provide secretarial/administrative cover to other specialities from time to time based on business needs.
The post covers responsibility for a number of fee earners within the designated department.
The post holder has no supervisory or budgetary responsibilities.
- Digital dictation (BigHand)
- Typing correspondence and legal paperwork
- Liaising with clients and dealing with day to day queries
- Collation and organisation of legal paperwork
- Produce, amend and proof reading formal documents
- Diary management and arranging appointments
- Answer incoming calls and taking accurate messages
- Processing all incoming and outgoing mail
- Filing and undertaking regular file reviews including opening and closing files
- Fee preparation upon instruction from fee earners, ensure all billing requirements are accurately recorded and forwarded for processing with the cash office.
- Organising business development events along with marketing department
- Organising meetings, travel and accommodation
- Providing support for indexing, collating and copying papers
- Any other related secretarial duties.
Communications and Relationships
The post holder must have effective communication skills as they may be required to liaise with colleagues and clients about sensitive and confidential data.
Systems and Equipment
- Digital typing using BigHand dictation
- Working with 3E system
- Net documents
- Microsoft Office Suite
Most Challenging part of Job
Working under pressure for a number of fee earners to meet tight deadlines in a busy office environment.
Knowledge, Training and Experience Required
- Knowledge and experience of legal secretarial and administrative functions.
- Experience of working in legal speciality.
- Accuracy skills with attention to detail.
- Good organisational and planning skills to be able to manage high volume workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Effective team player and willing to be adaptable and flexible to meet business needs.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency