Do you have experience of working in a Procurement function managing strategy for the Logistics category in an FMCG business? An amazing opportunity has become available that would see you would take ownership and accountability for the procurement strategy and supplier performance management for the Logistics category in a global manufacturing business. Please note that this role is a 1 Year Fixed Term Contract.
Are you who we’re looking for?
- Detailed knowledge of the specific category based on relevant procurement experience
- It is essential that you have experience leading tender processes
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a procurement-related qualification.
- A record of successfully defining and implementing leading-edge category strategies.
- Ability to think and operate strategically
- Ability to interpret data, identify and communicate key insights
- CIPS Corporate Diploma in Purchasing and/or membership of the Chartered Institute for Purchasing and Supply would be an advantage
What does the day to day look like?
- Refine and deliver the category strategy that delivers procurement and business objectives,
- Lead the management of the supplier performance, measuring and manage performance, developing a collaborative approach to continuous improvement
- Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with the business to ensure the collation and assessment of category requirements including spend, demand, supplier performance and service requirements in a logical format from the business units.
- Track, review and report the category performance using this information to determine opportunities for further improvement to category strategy and target setting.
- Assist supplier custodians and contract owners in the resolution of escalated supplier issues and ensure appropriate supplier management and performance metrics have been agreed.
- Manage the risk and governance agenda for the suppliers
Get in touch with Danielle Scott via email@example.com or call 07568 306 488 for a confidential chat.
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated as such.