Mechanical Maintenance Engineer - Livingston - Salary DOE + Excellent Benefits
The Glenmorangie Company is one of the prestigious companies owned by Moët Hennessy-Louis Vuitton (LVMH). It is home to Glenmorangie Highland Single Malt Scotch Whisky and Ardbeg Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky, two of the world’s most respected whisky brands.
The company has its global headquarters in central Edinburgh, with further offices and a state-of the-art bottling facility in nearby Livingston, West Lothian. The business employs some 200 people across its various locations and is proud to have been awarded the Gold Award by Investors in People. The Glenmorangie Company won the prestigious award IWSC Global Distiller of the Year in 2012.
We have an opportunity for an experienced Production Technician to join our Alba Production Team in Livingston. You would be responsible for maximising the availability and efficiency of our production lines, through the maintenance and improvement of bottling equipment. Working in close conjunction with all other team members, to reach the required line performance in terms of quality, standards and output.
Are you who we’re looking for?
- HNC in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in a bottling environment
- Knowledge of pumps, gearboxes and valves
- Experience of mentoring and coaching is an advantage
- Mechanically minded with a passion for training others
- Proficient in workshop activity – lathe and milling machine
- Experience of working on Continuous Improvement and Short Interval Control is an advantage
- Good IT skills, and knowledge of SAP an advantage
- Proactive and self-motivated, with a flexible approach
- Customer and results focused
- Ability to make clear logical decisions whilst under pressure
- An uncompromising attitude to quality and safety
- Approachable team player who is happy to constructively challenge and be challenged
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills, using techniques such as “5-Why” and “Fishbone” diagrams
- Strong fault finding and diagnostic skills
What does the day to day look like?
- Adopt a mentoring role to actively transfer knowledge to other members of the Engineering team, building resilience and collaboration
- Continually assess how knowledge can be effectively captured and transferred, adjusting your approach as required
- Attend line breakdowns and carry out reactive maintenance work to resolve the root cause of issues, ensuring the availability and efficiency of the plant and equipment in Production is maximised
- Undertake planned maintenance work on schedule, recording activity and comments in SAP and identifying and ordering any spare parts as required
- Actively manage workload to meet expectations of the business in terms of execution and timing of task completion
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement activity across Production, leading on individual projects, collating data and providing expertise and feedback to the teams
- Through observation, experience and analysis of data propose and implement quality and productivity improvements
- Support the Short Interval Control process, attending meetings, providing feedback on issues arising and offering solutions
- Work with the line team to identify and resolve the root cause of any quality defects which arise during production, ensuring the quality of our cased goods always meet the Finished Product Specification
- In collaboration with NPD, Quality and the line team, undertake line trials for new and ongoing product development, recording results and provide recommendations and solutions to challenged arising
- Support work being undertaken by Subject Matter Experts across the team, utilising the SME’s for support on their specialist topic, channeling improvement suggestions through them and embracing initiatives and improvements
- Support the specification, installation and commissioning of new equipment
- Complete and update all relevant documentation – handovers, management of change, SOPs, maintenance records etc.
- Effectively communicate with both the Production team and other departments in our Business Network
- Maintain the highest safety and housekeeping standards
Get in touch with Stephanie Devine for a confidential chat on 07919023717 or apply now.