Middle Office Senior Administrator - Glasgow - Fixed Term Contract - Competitive Salary
A new opportunity exists for an experienced Middle Office Senior Administrator to join a leading Wealth & Investment banking group in Glasgow city centre on a temporary basis. They have an excellent rate available for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward-thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded for it!
The Middle Office department core function is to provide administration activities which support clients start of day position and trading activity in the market. This includes middle office trade management services to capture, match, settle and report all trading activity on their behalf. A key aspect of the role is to ensure that all trades are reflected correctly for accounting purposes as well as managing third-party broker and custodian relationships.
Experience needed for Middle Office Senior Administrator role:
In order to be successful in this role, you will already have familiarity with Trade Management and/or wider Middle Office functions and ideally, experience within a checking and oversight role. You will have strong risk awareness, high accuracy and meticulous attention to detail. You will have previously been involved in change initiatives and be able to make decisions and adapt to suit the needs of the team and the role.
Client Service Delivery and controls
- To ensure high-quality client service is delivered to all clients
- Ensure the service level provided by the team adheres to the Client Service Delivery agreements
- Ensure adherence to core standard operating models
- Build strong, professional relationships with clients and be an ambassador for the business
- Develop internal stakeholder relationships with the wider team as well as general business support
- Support external counterparty relationships, providing feedback for performance reviews e.g. brokers and custodians
Continuous Improvement & New Business
- Proactive generation of ideas for improvements to systems and processes in support of client requirements and strategic business objectives
- Support the development and implementation of such improvements
- Involvement in the design and implementation of resilient processes and systems to support new/changes to business products including mandatory changes to market/governance and regulations
- Innovate & continually challenge status quo within the governance and framework of our change program
- Be a subject matter expert in your team, striving to expand on build on knowledge on a continuous basis
- Ensure adherence to the risk and control framework, including team and departmental procedures, managing risk effectively and efficiently within the team
- Ensure an effective and robust governance structure is in place for the team
- Accuracy – focusing on getting it right first time
- Support business contingency plans as required
- Ensure adequate internal controls are in place and correctly followed to mitigate operational risk
- Ensure that internal and external audit/compliance/risk requirements are met
- Proactively manage own personal development through engagement with the manager on a development plan
- Consider personal objectives in line with business objectives, driving forward personal development opportunities
- Understand the factors which influence unit cost eg capacity/workload drivers
Strategy and Governance
- Contribute to raising the profile of our UK branch
- Internal cross-functional teams
- External clients
- Brokers and custodians
Are you this person?
I am looking for an experienced candidate who has previous oversight responsibility within a middle office environment. Ideally, you will have 2 to 3 years of experience in client service delivery and controls. You will provide support with both technical and personal development for staff ensuring compliance and adherence to the department procedures and control framework. Ideally, you will be degree educated, and possessing any industry-recognised qualifications (such as IOC) would be advantageous.
- Product knowledge
- Strong risk management awareness
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Involvement in change initiatives with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Strong client service skills
- Familiarity with financial markets and investment products
Contact Lisa Smyth at HRC Financial Service Scotland
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer. We act as both an employment business and an employment agency.