Multi-Skilled Engineer – Edinburgh – Salary DOE + Benefits
We’re looking to have a chat with experienced multi-skilled engineers to discuss joining a successful manufacturing business in Edinburgh. The role of the Engineer is to carry out all aspects of plant maintenance and repair to ensure the effective and efficient operation of production, in order to minimise downtime and deliver business objectives.
You are looking for freedom, flexibility and opportunities to develop in the workplace. You are someone who wants to make a difference.
Are you who we’re looking for?
- Qualification/Apprenticeship in a relevant field essential.
- Strong experience in both electrical and mechanical engineering.
- Minimum 17th Edition certified.
- Standard Grade Level 4 or equivalent in Maths and English preferred.
- Strong experience as an engineer within a team-based manufacturing/production environment using equipment including Grinders, Bucket Elevators, and Extrusion Pressing.
- Experience within a food/drink manufacturing environment beneficial.
- Good experience and understanding of both Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and their impacts.
- Knowledge of CMMS systems.
- Computer literate and experience of working with Microsoft programmes
What does the day to day look like?
- Implement all Health and Safety policies and procedures ensuring compliance with legislation and aligned to best practice.
- Proactively carry out all aspects of plant maintenance to a planned schedule, seeking solutions where abnormalities occur to prevent a negative impact on production and quality standards.
- Liaise with the production team to address breakdowns or interruptions to production, dealing promptly with any issues and escalate where necessary in order to minimise downtime.
- Ensure all relevant maintenance records are accurately recorded to ensure legal compliance and to ensure a safe working environment.
- Assess requirements and co-ordinate with the management team to allocate resources to meet changing business and customer needs.
- Liaise with other operational areas to ensure the efficient flow of information so all internal and external customer requirements are met.
- Maintain adequate engineering resource of materials and equipment, effectively liaising with suppliers to meet the needs of the department.
- Review all works to ensure that budgeted costs and timescales are met, escalating any discrepancies.
- Liaise with the Hygiene team to ensure environment is safe and clean. Enable KPI’s for hygiene to be met to prevent a negative impact on quality standards.
- Drive continuous improvement, reviewing current methodology and opportunities to improve efficiency, safety, quality and performance.
- Undertake any reasonable task related to the operation of the site as required and as directed by the management team.
Get in touch with James Blyth on firstname.lastname@example.org and 07983176630 or click the apply button below to send your CV.
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated as such