HRC Recruitment are recruiting for a permanent NPI Engineer (New product Introduction) with a background in Electronics manufacturing to join our Global client, from their UK manufacturing facility based in the beautiful Scottish Borders on a rolling contract basis. Relocation assistance is available for candidates further afield willing to relocate.
The successful candidate will be part of a customer focussed team and will lead customer technical communications, product initiation, product-level continuous improvement and sustainment whilst demonstrating technical expertise to customers.
- Conduct continuous improvement efforts at the product level to reduce defects, improve yields, and improve productivity in order to deliver customer excellence and achieve goals.
- Conduct analysis of product metric data to assess efficiency and effectiveness.
- Support efforts to identify root causes of failures and sub-standard performance and improve efficiency.
- Support development of short- and long-term action plans to remedy root causes and improve efficiency.
- Lead actions required and execution of short- and long-term action plans for CAPA.
- Coordinate Failure Analysis, as required.
Technical Customer Support
- Serve as the technical expert on site manufacturing as it relates to the customer’s product.
- Lead response and actions to address customer technical inquiries and concerns.
- Lead design for manufacturability discussions with the customer to improve manufacturability, profitability, quality, throughput, and resolve documentation errors.
- Assist the customer in resolving problems as they pertain to Manufacturing. Coordinate SME support, as required.
- Lead capture of customer requirements and translate requirements into a manufacturing solution. Lead the determination of BOM structure, BOM levels, and build-through strategies as needed.
- Lead manufacturing readiness using the PPQP process.
- Lead the creation of the Product FMEA.
- Lead the development, execution and maintenance of the Product Control Plan.
- Define route, product ABI's, and a tooling strategy.
- Support on-going production activities to ensure we continue to meet customer needs and achieve goals.
- Lead review and approval of changes associated with ECO's and deviations; support ECO Cost Impact analysis.
- Lead required changes to operator-facing communications (assembly build instructions, deviations, rework instructions, etc.)
- Support review and execution of changes to customer specifications, industry standards, and standards.
- Lead review of customer returns to establish the routing for necessary for rework, repair, upgrade, etc.
- Provide labour estimates for non-warranty returns.
- Lead labour reviews when requested by the costing team or finance.
- Provide routine technical support and expertise to manufacturing personnel.
- Answer technical questions and provide clarification regarding product specifications.
- Lead real-time analysis and resolution of customer/product related problems;
- develop a recovery plan to resume production as quickly as possible.
- Lead rework versus scrap decisions, as needed by operations; lead scrap disposition determination.
- Lead validation efforts for product as required.
- Support process and documentation changes.
- Lead non-BOM materials procurement plan.
- Establish min/max levels for MRO items.
- Ensure MSDS and required supporting information is provided to Environmental Health and Safety team.
- Lead custom packaging design and implementation as needed.
- Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 10%).
- Additional duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is preferred.
- Ability to work well in fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Strong ability to identify and solve problems proactively using structured problem-solving tools, including making timely and effective decisions.
- Apply systemic data analysis and problem solving to address a full range of technical and organizational problems with creativity, imagination, confidence and responsibility.
- Ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyse, interpret, validate, and communicate data to key stakeholders.
- Ability to seek out best practices and apply them within their assigned area.
- Ability to apply knowledge, logic and reasoning using mathematics, statistics, science, and engineering applications.
- Ability to design a system or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, efficiency, repeatability, environmental, health and safety. Includes documentation and controls to ensure long term sustainability.
- Ability to become a Subject Matter Expert for an assigned system or process.
- Ability to coach and mentor technicians and other support staff within assigned areas of expertise.
- Ability to operate effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Ability to effectively lead projects involving cross-functional team members.
- Ability to learn and utilize a variety of computer programs such as CAD, Visio, Solidworks, and other applicable programs.
- Strong attention to detail, time management skills, and organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact with others. Must have strong presentation
- skills and the ability to represent in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of all customer and company information.