Operational Tax Manager - Glasgow city centre - Competitive Salary on offer
I am working on an opportunity for an experienced Operational Tax Manager to join a leading Investment Banking group in Glasgow city centre. With a competitive and negotiable salary and benefits package on offer for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded with career progression paths and learning and development.
Overview of Operational Tax Manager role:
You support and provide assistance to the Associate Director or where relevant the Senior Operations Manager in their daily duties, deputising where relevant on all daily duties relevant to your designated area. To ensure that adequate controls and procedures are in place for all Settlement functions under your responsibilities and all regulatory and processing requirements are being adhered to. To ensure sufficient staffing resource, qualifications and experience are in place to carry out all Settlement functions under your responsibility to a high standard.
- Excellent working knowledge of current regulatory requirements; namely Qualified Intermediary (QI) regime, US and Irish type 18 & EUSD reporting requirements
- FCA rules and practises relating to Stock reconciliations and client money rules
- Make statutory returns for QI, Type 18 & EUSD by the specified dates given by IRS and HMRC
- International exchange of information agreements such as the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Common Reporting Standard (CRS), CDOT (Crown Dependency & Overseas Territories).
- Advantageous if the candidate has a working knowledge of Withholding tax reclaim processes for global markets
- Incumbent will ensure that overall settlement daily processes are monitored via internal MIR tool and that any non-compliance/risks are highlighted accordingly.
- Relevant experience in a similar role
- Strong interpersonal and staff management skills
- Satisfied through relevant experience or working toward IOC award or equivalent.
- Satisfies (or working towards, i.e. trainee) the FCA criteria for T & C regime
Contact Neil Greene at HRC Financial Service Scotland
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency