We are looking to speak to an experienced Payroll Manager. In this role you will provide a high standard of technical service to clients, ensuring accurate and timely delivery in line with client requirements. With responsibility for the development of your team, together with their financial and operational performance, this is a key role in the management of the business. If you are a motivated self-starter with excellent communication skills, then this is a fantastic career opportunity for you.
Work aside, you want to work for a company that offers CIPP qualifications, ongoing training and career progression and – the best part – a social life and volunteering opportunities. Plus a very competitive salary.
Key tasks include:
- Take responsibility for the timing and managing of client payrolls
- Take responsibility for the timely delivery of advisory and compliance services to your clients
- Actively manage and control the delivery of all aspects of assignments for a variety of clients, including resourcing the assignments and setting timescales and budgets, liaison between departments of the firm, and presentation of work to client
- Work in an agile way to manage workload and ensure delivery to the clients’ satisfaction
- Take an lead role in the implementing of new clients adhering to controls set out
- Run Payroll projects and drive efficiencies, identifying, developing and implementing process improvements in conjunction with the wider team as part of the firm’s commitment to continuous improvement
- Maintain technical knowledge of statutory payroll requirements for UK Tax, NI, SSP, SMP, SPP, of Foreign tax processes and Net Of Tax Credit, pension set up and administration
- Develop expertise and undertake detailed technical research of an advanced nature as required, and present this clearly at client meetings or in written form, offer practical solutions and recommendations with due regard for risk
- In conjunction with the Management team identify training needs and participate in Team development, coaching and training
- Identify and progress opportunities to promote the business in the marketplace, seeking new opportunities for the firm and securing new work, with the support of the business development team
- Build and maintain client relationships for a portfolio of clients - process, monitor recoveries and resolve fee queries
Requirements for the role:
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent Payroll Technical Knowledge
- Strong communication skills – both written and oral
- Experience of working to tight deadlines
- Ability to work well as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiative
If an opportunity in Edinburgh with a Sunday Times “Best Place to Work For” Top 100 company sounds perfect for you, get in touch: 0141 212 7783 or email email@example.com
HRC Recruitment acts both as an employment business and employment agency.