Competitive Salary plus benefits
HRC Recruitment are exclusively supporting a renowned financial services brand recruiting several Pension Specialists to join a new UK Pensions & Benefits Team to be based in Edinburgh.
The team will be responsible for management, governance and operational responsibility for the firm’s UK benefit programs including a comprehensive flexible benefits program and several UK pension schemes.
Responsibilities of the Pension Specialist:
- Provide trustee secretarial services for several of the UK pension schemes managed by the team
- Prepare meeting papers and attend at trustee meetings
- Ensure scheme governance materials are up to date, including maintenance of risk registers, business plans and all policies
- Ensure the trustee board is fully supported in fulfilling their responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate ongoing plan activities such as plan accounts, member newsletters, benefit statements and actuarial valuations
- Acting as a point of contact for scheme administrators and advisers in relation to on-going projects, correspondence and member queries including formal complaints
- Provide support to the UK Pensions Manager in management of the larger schemes and projects as required
Background of the Pension Specialist:
- Strong technical skills and able to demonstrate a broad knowledge of current UK pensions legislation and best governance practices
- Analytical -- a problem solver with ability to make decisions with high attention to detail and based on a thorough understanding of the relevant facts
- Strong focus on risk management
- Experience as part of an in-house pensions team or consultancy, providing secretarial and support services to trustee board
- Understanding of both defined benefit and defined contributions schemes (DB and DC)
APMI qualified (or working towards) is desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a global organisation who offer a fantastic working environment, flexible benefits and the opportunity to progress your career on a global scale.
For more information about this opportunity please contact Chris Wilson at HRC Recruitment Financial Services Scotland.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and employment agency. We are an equal opportunities employer