HRC recruitment are currently recruiting for a Project / Installation Engineer to join our global client to oversee installation and debug or automated materials handling projects within the automotive, food & beverage, hospital and consumer product manufacturing industries.
You will be based from home and liaising with the UK head office in Leicester. You will also be travelling across the UK and Western Europe up to 75% of your working year overseeing installation projects as an Implementation Engineer.
- Designing systems to meet customer needs
- Facilitating the successful completion of an automated material handling system
- Installing, testing and debugging of the system
- Modifying equipment and software
- Troubleshooting, defining and seeking resources to recognize and resolve electrical, mechanical and/or software improvement opportunities with system components.
- Making software and hardware adjustments
- Performing customer training
- Customizing service manuals
- Interfacing with customers
- Collaborating with other engineers on projects
- Travel to customer sites (75%).
- Bachelors of Science degree (B.S.) in Engineering from a four-year college or university. Degree may be in any of the multiple disciplines of Engineering including Software, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Computer, Mechatronic, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Prior software experience required
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Familiar with SQL, a plus
- Familiar with CAD, a plus
- Knowledge of Script Languages, a plus
- Valid driver's license required