Property Claims Handler (Property Damage)
Are you fed up seeing the same old claims vacancies being advertised? Are you looking for a claims role that is not based in a big call centre? Do you want to be recognised for the value you are adding? This could be the role for you!
I am looking for a property claims handler with a solid track record of handling property claims including escape of water, fire and accidental damage to join a fast growing organisation.
What would a normal day look like?
- Processing and administering all insurance claims competently from end to end of the insurance claims cycle. This will include being able to multi task; receiving and processing incoming calls from all clients, third party suppliers, network and customers.
- Being able to follow up and engage with all relevant stakeholders effectively whilst processing any new instructions received via e-mail, telephone and providing timely and accurate communication throughout the process.
- The role requires the applicant to contact customers and clients to record details of any insurance claims and book, communicate and organise customer visits.
- To also proactively manage client’s expectations and service level requirements through the accurate processing of new work instructions, professional call handling and providing of accurate information and updates to clients.
- To be responsible for taking all new instructions across the division both domestic/commercial and direct from customers.
- Undertaking the first “Call” to the policyholder/site contact explaining our involvement and confirming customer details, to then arranging an appointment.
- Diary management.
- Obtaining the maximum amount of information available at the point of taking a new instruction and undertaking further enquiries with the Policy holder, LA’s, Insurer’s or other party’s.
- Updating our systems on a continual basis with relevant job information/call logs and documentation.
- Ensure customer service levels, KPI’s and compliance are adhered to.
- Compiling report after the technicians have assessed the nature of the claim after their initial visit to the property. (Training Provided)
- Reporting new findings and updates to LA's, Insurer's or other party's throughout the claims cycle.
- Pricing claims from beginning to end of their claims cycle. (Training Provided)
- Allocating subcontractors when required on any claim.
- Liaising with head office audit team on completion of claim.
- Keeping paperwork in an organised manner.
- To undertake any other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Must have a high level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to achieve deadlines and use own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to communicate and work efficiently with customers, employees and teams at all levels.
- Accurate data entry.
- Minimum 2 years within a property claims role.
- Possess a good standard of IT literacy and good working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, Pension Scheme, Flexible working, Monday - Friday, Further career progression opportunity, Full training provided (Expenses included)
Salary: (£20,000 - £25,000 DOE)
Full Time: (40hrs / Week)
Location: Office based – Livingston
For more information, please contact Elaine McCrink.
#Insurance #Claims #GeneralInsurance #careermove #newjob #ClaimsJobs
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated as such.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency