The real risk is doing nothing!! Experienced underwriters can identify potential risks but this vacancy is risk free, so don’t do nothing, make the move.
Do you fancy working for a global insurer who has solid track record and enviable reputation? Do you have the ability to mentor and coach less experienced staff? Can you influence brokers and build strong relationships? Are you ready to take on a Regional Underwriting Manager role handling complex property and liability risks?
Are you what I am looking for?
- Do you have a solid track record of underwriting technical underwriting business (property and liability)?
- Either hold or working towards ACII qualifications?
- Strong regional broker relationships?
- The ability to work as part of a team as well as work on own initiative.
- Understand constant regulatory changes?
What does the day to day look like?
- Maintaining and developing strong working broker relationships, responding to their queries in a positive and professional manner.
- Writing a profitable book of commercial property and liability led risks.
- Underwriting large and often complex risks, both new and existing business
- Identify cross selling opportunities
- Develop underwriting strategies to manage risk across the region including risk appetite and underwriting authority
- Make recommendations on underwriting policy and pricing strategy
- Review and manage application of underwriting policy
This position comes with a competitive salary and impressive benefits package.
For more information on this role, please contact Elaine McCrink for a confidential chat.
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated as such.