Secretarial Manager - Edinburgh
The Secretarial Manager will be responsible for leading the secretarial and administrative function, working closely with the divisions to ensure effective systems and processes are in place in order to deliver outstanding client service.
- Develop and implement best practice processes through regular review to ensure Secretarial Services is operating as effectively as possible
- Identify service improvements, liaising with key stakeholders to resolve issues and facilitate continuous improvement
- Management of The Cube, working with the team leader to ensure service standards are adhered to
- Act as a key contact for the DMPs, Divisional Exec teams, Partners and fee earner groups
- Key liaison point for Office Services, working collaboratively to ensure administrative support is aligned and delivering ahigh quality service
- Identify and maintain appropriate level of resource, ensuring the needs of the Divisions are met
- Execution of ongoing performance management, including leading annual performance reviews, conducting 1:1s, and agreeing objectives for the teams
- Identify training and development needs and facilitate relevant support needed
- Recruitment and selection
- Contribute to/lead on firmwide Secretarial Services office-based projects, working with key Business Services stakeholders as required
- Adhere to the firm's risk and compliance policies and procedures and raises any issues or queries promptly with therelevant Partner and / or Risk and Compliance
- Successfully complete, on time, all compulsory firm training.
Knowledge, skills and experience required (bespoke to role)
- Previous experience of managing large teams, including managing front line HR issues
- Willingness to work flexibly to meet the demands of the role
- Experience of stakeholder management and engagement
- Previous professional services experience.
- A responsive and service delivery focused approach
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to facilitate effective team-working
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment which requires high quality results to tight deadlines.