Senior Assurance Associate - Glasgow or Edinburgh city centre - Competitive Salary
I am recruiting for an experienced Senior Assurance Associate to join a leading Accountancy company in Edinburgh or Glasgow city centre. With a competitive and negotiable salary and benefits package on offer for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded with career progression paths and learning and development.
Overview of Senior Assurance Associate role:
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. This team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins the company.
Team Responsibilities – Are you this person?
As a Senior Associate within the Assurance area you will:
- Execute the audit in these more complex areas, in line with technical (both accounting and auditing) requirements and operating procedures.
- Have flexibility in when and how you work, utilising technology and best practice virtual working to coach and interact with teams of clients remotely.
- Provide coaching and support to more junior team members.
- Liaise with clients to complete audit assignments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established audit clients.
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide a high quality client service.
- Utilise your strong business awareness and sound reporting skills to provide insights to clients.
- Have the chance to give back to community and social welfare projects, often using your business skills.
- At least part completed accounting qualification.
- A drive and aptitude to build deep accounting and auditing specialisms in more complex areas.
- A willingness to drive change by
- helping further define the working model
- embracing virtual working and other technology
- defining and leveraging virtual working practices of the future
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, at all levels
- A willingness to build relationships with other specialists to better provide a high quality, efficient and robust service.
- Demonstrable experience of coaching junior members of teams to develop both technical and professional skills.
- Experience in applying professional skills in the audit of pension balances or share based payments is highly desirable, but a demonstrable experience of learning new and complex technical areas is more important.
Please contact Neil Greene at HRC Financial Service Scotland for further information.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency