Senior Associate - Risk Assurance
Does the idea of working with one of the world’s leading professional services organisations appeal to you? Operating across 158 countries this organisation supports clients globally to create value and enhance their overall business processes. As a growing business area Risk Assurance offers experienced risk professionals the opportunity to be at the heart of complex decision-making processes and procedures.
In joining this dynamic business as a Senior Associate you will be encouraged to embrace a culture where individuals can be true to themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes this business strong and operate as an agile workforce.
As a growing business area, Assurance support clients to gain confidence in their digital future to enhance their growth in an ever-changing digital landscape.
In joining the Risk Assurance team as a Senior Associate, you will be supporting clients through the delivery of a range of high quality services to clients based in Scotland. This team predominantly provide assurance over the non-financial information they provide to their management, customers and regulators. They provide assurance services in the following areas;
• Process, risk and control advisory and reporting across business process and technology controls
• Corporate responsibility reporting
• Regulatory assurance.
What does the day to day look like?
In this role you will be working on a variety of challenging, career-advancing risk, controls and non-audit assurance assignments within the Financial Services space. In this role you will gain exposure to a wide range of clients and senior management whilst supervising and coaching junior colleagues.
On a daily basis you will work on a variety of propositions, performing internal audits, controls assurance or advisory engagements and will be agile across the following areas;
• Performance Assurance
• Internal Audit
• Controls Assurance
• Commercial Assurance
• Controls reporting
• Corporate responsibility & sustainability
• Regulatory assurance
In applying for this position, you will possess the following in skill and experience;
• University degree
• Supervision/coaching of junior staff
• Experience in a client facing environment
• Client handling and relationship management
• Strong analytical and project management skill
• The ability to assess IT risk and suggest risk mitigation activities for a wide range of industries
• Identifying and effectively reporting issues and recommendations for improvement to clients
• Project management qualification(s)
• Experience of working in Financial Services or delivering assurance on behalf of a professional services firm
• External auditing experience.
• Knowledge or relevant industry standards
Successful applicants will be presented with numerous opportunities to progress and develop and will be supported with regular training and development.
"HRC recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency"