HRC Recruitment is delighted to be working with its client, an International Insurance organisation, and assisting with its search for a Senior Data Privacy Counsel to join its expanding team.
Based in Glasgow, the successful candidate will work closely with the DPO and will assist with the implementation and delivery of the business-wide data privacy strategy.
As a Senior Data Privacy Counsel, you will:
- Build relationships with stakeholders, compliance, Supply Chain Management, IT, IP and other affiliated external organisations
- Keep abreast of data protection and privacy laws and regulations and implement changes as required
- As a Data Protection Consultant, you will be working with individual privacy officers in different locations to ensure regulations are being adhered to
- You will advise and lead on the development and implementation of policies and best practices
- You will also perform risk assessments and related compliance monitoring activities
- You will oversee and deliver data privacy training to all employees and third parties
Are you who we are looking for? To be considered, you must.
- Be a qualified Data Protection Solicitor with a minimum of 5 years PQE
- Insurance experience would be preferred but is not essential
- Have a recognised Data Protection qualification
- Have gained previous Data Protection experience within a regulated environment (desirable)
- Possess strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills
- Have the ability to speak another European language (desired)
To discuss further please contact our specialist Principal Legal Consultant - Meena Bahanda.
To apply for this position please forward your CV using the ‘apply online’ link.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency