HRC Recruitment are recruiting for a Senior Facilities Electrical Engineer to take on a rolling temporary contract based in the beautiful City Centre of Edinburgh.
The successful candidate will be reporting directly to the Regional Manager and will supervise, co-ordinate and deliver day to day Facilities Management activities, ensuring that facilities are operational and meet legislative compliance.
Duties of Post
- Supervise all elements of FM delivered by in house teams of technical staff, and external contractors, and be responsible for managing method statements, risk assessment, and implementing the control of contractor’s procedures.
- To co-ordinate all elements of FM, to ensure that planned preventative maintenance is undertaken to appropriate maintenance schedules, and that reactive maintenance is undertaken in line with the Service Level Agreement and prioritised according to the associated risk (H&S or business interruption).
- To deliver FM activities, where competent to do so, and ensure appropriate additional resources (internal or external) are engaged where necessary.
- Day to day communication and supervision of Support Services, internally or externally delivered.
- Manage the works database and update as necessary.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Recognised electrical qualifications.
- Knowledge of building services.
- Knowledge of mechanical building services.
- Up to date skills on building management systems, ACOP’s, fire and environmental control, building control, and health and safety.
- Mechanical and electrical engineering experience undertaking planned and reactive preventative maintenance.
- Experience working to Planned Preventative Maintenance Regimes.
- Installation of electrical services.
- Fault finding on electrical circuits.
- Knowledge of lone working requirements.
- Experience of general Building Management Systems
- Electrical Testing to BS7671 (desirable)
- Driving Licence essential
This role offers an immediate start and will be run on a 4 weekly review basis.