Senior Electronics Design Engineer - Dunfermline - Salary Dep on experience + bonus + Benefits
Does the idea of working for a business that produces technology that truly makes a difference to the quality of peoples lives sound like a company you would like to be a part of?
Would you like to be involved at the forefront of designing and development complex electronic products within a highly regulated industry?
We are looking to chat with experienced Senior Electronic Design Engineers who would enjoy being part of a highly motivated team of engineers working for a company who are the world leaders in their industry. You will drive innovation in the design and development of the electronics and systems that are fundamental elements of the products. You will take designs from conception through to production.
Are you who we 're looking for ?
- Strong academic background (2:1 degree) in Electronic Engineering or similar
- Previous experience in electronics design engineering essential
- Strong competence in digital and mixed signal electronics design and analysis using modelling and experimental/prototyping methods
- Thorough knowledge of electronics assembly processes and test methodologies
- Experience in DFx (Design for Manufacturing, Assembly and Test)
- Design for EMC
- An ability to work within tight deadlines and manage time effectively
- Team orientated, responsive and customer focused
- Responsibility for delivering design solutions with significant elements of cross-functional design outside the candidate’s expertise (e.g. optical, mechanical, software, firmware)
- Strong written/verbal communication
- Good computer skills (MS Office applications)
- Excellent problem solver
- Strong Presentation skills
- Altium Designer Schematic and Layout Experience
- Practical skills in assembly and debug of electronics
- Strong commercial awareness
What does the day look like?
- Concept generation, analysis and development of innovative digital, analogue and mixed signal electronics solutions and system architectures development, in accordance with design control process
- Provide technical specification, design, efficacy & timely delivery of electronics designs
- Provide customer support & contribution of continuous improvement of existing product range Peer review electronics designs
- To inform product and technology roadmap with regards to emerging technologies for performance improvements and cost reduction