Senior Operations Technical Specialist
£39,000 per annum
Do you have a strong understanding of regulatory guidelines relevant to Capital Gains Tax and client portfolio valuations, and looking to make that career progressing move?
You have comprehensive awareness of client reporting and client tax reports, and able to deal with complex corporate events.
My client is one of the UK largest investment and wealth management companies and they are looking to add senior operations technical specialist into their settlement operations team.
Responsibilities of a senior operations technical specialist:
- To support and provide assistance to the Financial Services business to ensure compliance with current CGT rules
- To investigate and resolve queries in relation to income tax and CGT matters on behalf of investment clients
- To support production of investment client tax reports (income and CGT) in compliance with relevant tax authorities’ rules
- Drive procedures and controls that ensure the business is compliant both onshore and offshore with tax rules
- Provide technical advice and resolve problems pertaining to tax matters affecting investment clients across the Financial Services business and when required conduct face to face meetings with stakeholders and project managers to discuss technical issues
Skills and Experience required for the senior operations technical specialist:
- Significant experience gained within a financial institution with a particular focus on client reporting, CGT and other tax rules
- Demonstrable knowledge of investment management, including relevant terminology
- Comprehensive knowledge of the regulatory environment and how it applies to and impacts your role
- Experience of delegating and reviewing work advantageous but not essential
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages: Minimum basic level Word and intermediate level Excel
- Demonstrate ability to understand and summarise complex information in a professional and concise manner
- Strong Interpersonal skills are essential, with the ability to communicate well both written and verbally to senior audiences
- Ability to work accurately under pressure, multi-task and interpret information quickly
For more information about this opportunity please contact Lorna Rogen at HRC Recruitment Financial Services Scotland on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07502222041.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and employment agency.
We are an equal opportunity employer.