HRC Recruitment is delighted to working with this leading and respected broker in their search for a Senior Placement Broker based in their plush city centre offices.
Are you a Placement Broker with experience of negotiating the best terms for your clients? Do you thrive on working with challenging and complex corporate insurance programs? Are you looking for a role that will allow you to build strong relationships with insurers? By joining this leading broking organisation in their Glasgow office we can offer the opportunity to working closely with colleagues, insurers and clients to provide a first-class broking service.
The successful candidate will be required to work closely with colleagues on the implementation of placement strategy for client’s insurance programs across Scotland. You will build and maintain strong relationships and develop strategic partnerships with key insurance carriers within the region and negotiate with insurers to achieve the best terms whilst delivering a first class service for clients. You will also act as the reference point for advice and technical expertise to the internal client servicing teams.
- Lead on the implementation of placement strategy for complex or difficult renewals in collaboration with colleagues
- Understand the business needs, insurance requirements and risk management strategy of our clients and convey to insurers
- Undertake appropriate research and analysis to select markets and design an insurance programme to meet the client’s requirements
- Provide recommendations and advice on placement strategy, programme structure and market conditions including occasional presentations to clients where appropriate
- Provide regular updates to the Client Service teams on progress of insurer negotiations
- Fully document all quotations received and advise the Client Servicing team of all conditions
- Act as a referral point for the resolution of complex insurer queries
- Host client and insurer meetings in partnership with the client service team
- Contribute to rolling risk management strategy with clients and insurers
- Ensure operational procedures are followed and can be demonstrated at all times
- Build strong relationships at a senior level with insurers and seek feedback on service through ongoing dialogue
- Proven experience of corporate insurance broking /placement or underwriting for large UK accounts - essential
- Exposure to global placements and experience in multinational programme design and placement - desirable
- Awareness of Clients’ business, their business issues, insurance programmes and service plans
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent insurer trading & negotiation skills
- Proven relationship management experience with a strong insurer/broker network of contacts
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple enquiries simultaneously
- Fully Competent in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Qualified or working towards ACII is desirable
This position comes with an extremely competitive salary and benefits package.
For a confidential chat, please call Elaine McCrink or forward CV.