Settlements Associate - Glasgow - Excellent Daily Rate Available
I am working on a new and exciting opportunity for an experienced Settlements Associate to join a leading Wealth & Investment banking group in Glasgow city centre. They are offering a highly competitive daily rate for the right candidate.
This is a fantastic time to join a forward thinking, innovative and exciting workplace who have their employees and customers at the heart of everything they do. This firm encourages a supportive and family environment, where their employees work hard and are rewarded with career progression paths and learning and development.
Experience needed for Settlements Associate role:
The Security Settlements Group is responsible for effectively managing positions, trading activity and funding across all European, Middle Eastern, and African markets.
The group interacts with a number of other departments across the firm on a daily basis such as Bank Resource Management, Prime Brokerage, Private Wealth, TSG, Corporate Actions and Financial Controllers. We also interact daily with a number of external agents based in countries across the regions that we support.
As well as ensuring the accurate settlement of Fixed Income and Equity trading, the successful candidate will also be involved in Market-Wide Initiatives, New Product Approvals, Regulatory Reporting, and a variety of other Key Management Metric Reporting.
Are you this person?
This role is to work within the EMEA Equity Security Settlements team with MS captive teams located in Glasgow and a third party vendor located in Chennai and Nagpur. The team is primarily responsible for ensuring the timely settlement of trades executed by trading desks and clients.
- Understanding of daily settlement risk and exposure process
- Project management skills, ability to participate in projects and drive to completion
- User acceptance testing experience
- Work in partnership with internal infrastructure teams including Legal and Compliance, Technology, Operations Risk and Control teams, as well as external regulators and exchanges
- Identify opportunities to improve operational efficiency and strive for the delivery of commercial initiatives
- Ensure compliance with all applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures
- Career development and people management for a team of 3
- Experience in the financial industry in Security Settlements or related
- Technical understanding of transaction lifecycle in Cash Equities
- First class communication skills
- Demonstrated leader with proven skills in strategic planning who is able to guide, motivate, and hold individuals accountable for results
- Deadline oriented and able to thrive in a high-stress environment
- Strong communication skills, able to interact and communicate effectively across cultural and hierarchical lines within the Firm
Contact Lisa Smyth at HRC Financial Service Scotland
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an agency.