Spirit Handling Manager – Easter Ross – Salary £45k to £55k DOE + Benefits
Does the idea of working in a historic distillery, clear career progression and colleagues with a genuine love of the job sound perfect to you?
We’re looking to have a chat with Spirit Handling Managers to discuss joining a successful whisky business in Easter Ross. As Spirit Handling Manager, you will manage the distillery operations from spirit handling to warehouse to ensure the delivery of key results in line with the overall strategy ensuring site wide compliance with all relevant regulations.
You are looking for freedom, flexibility and fun in the workplace. You are someone who wants to make a difference.
Are you who we’re looking for?
- Degree in Brewing and Distilling (preferred)
- Demonstrable Spirit Warehousing Management experience
- Knowledge and experience in the relevant areas of H&S legislation, HMRC, Environmental Compliance and Food Safety standards
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) (Drams and Tropos)
- Commercially aware with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards and food safety auditing processes
- Proven leader who can set objectives, performance manage a team and develop individuals to achieve their full potential
- High attention to detail, especially to quality standards and compliance systems
- Problem solving and implementing continuous improvement skills
- Ability to cope with change in a growing business and increased complexity
- Flexibility around working hours with occasional visits across the other sites in Scotland
- Engaging leader who can interact in a positive way with the organisation and external suppliers
What does the day to day look like?
- Maintain and take ownership of compliance systems, especially Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality, HMRC, SWA and other standards.
- Implement best practice in processes and procedures, maximising effectiveness and efficiency at the Warehouse complex which includes the Cooperage and Filling stores.
- Ensure established procedures and specifications are adhered to, in order to maintain product quality and production efficiencies.
- Seek out and implement opportunities to improve the spirit process reducing waste and increasing efficiency.
- Ensure contractors and visitors adhere to site systems.
- Manage, coach and grow the Spirit Handling Team.
- Manpower planning and people optimisation to ensure the right sized team to meet business needs.
- Plan, manage and distribute Warehouse activity forecast with other relevant teams within the business
- Support innovation and Private Client team with new products and ways of working.
- Manage the stock system for Rare and Prestige and Private Client team
- Manage stock levels with supply chain team, including feedback on stock and quality control of raw materials and finished goods.
- Plan and manage physical inventory (spirit and wood) with Finance team.
- Optimise stock holdings in warehouses with fit for purpose racking solutions
- Measure performance against customer requirements.
- Lead, implement and support Cooperage facility to maximise team and facility.
- Lead, implement and support continual improvement projects and ensure ownership
- Review and advise on Spirit Operations utilisation and practices across multiple sites to build synergies.
- Review and advise on Special Cask finishing area to maximise operations.
Get in touch with James Blyth on firstname.lastname@example.org and 07983176630 or click the apply button below to send in your CV.