Supply Chain Manager – Glasgow – Salary 40-50K
Does the idea of working in a heavy engineering/manufacturing environment appeal to you?
I am looking to have a chat with an experienced Supply Chain Manger to discuss joining a successful heavy engineering company in Glasgow on a full-time basis. Working in one of the companies many sites, you will be managing all aspects of Supply Chain.
You are looking for a fast paced and fun workplace. You are someone who wants to make a difference. You want to be part of a large organization that can offer a strong career path.
Are you who we’re looking for?
- You will have worked in a Supply Chain Manager role for 3-5 years
- Hands on experience with supply chain management software
- Strong understanding of specific market sectors in which the company participates.
- Ability to work in a Global Team
- Understanding of import/export trade regulations
What does the day to day look like?
- Liaising with Analysts to Identify Purchase Requirements
- Supplier selection and negotiation based on Quality, Delivery and Price
- Raising Purchase Orders and ensuring all documents and requirements are referred to and correct
- Liaising with Purchasing Assistants on data accuracy and dealing with suppliers on any issues arising
- Reporting data behind key purchasing metrics and following up with suppliers on related problems
- Conducting regular business reviews with key suppliers and issuing reports to management
- Liaise with QA on supplier quality issues and follow up with suppliers to close out cause and corrective actions.
HRC Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated as such. For more information, contact Martine O’Kane on 0141 353 8382 and firstname.lastname@example.org.